Irvington High School newspaper, June 1962

I've been cleaning out old memorabilia boxes in anticipation of I-don't-know-what, and scanning any pictures or documents that would be of interest to my descendants about their family history.
Among all the detritus were two issues of The Orator, the student newspaper of Irvington High School, Irvington, NJ, in June, 1962, the year I graduated.  I kept them because I was one of the two editors of the paper.  I'm glad I did, because.....
Our class is about to have its 50th reunion. It appears that at least half of the members of the class of 1962 are mentioned somewhere in the two issues.  There were also several articles on teachers who were about to do this or that, or had done something or other.
One problem is that after scanning (doing the best I could with my desktop scanner and a large paper size) I realized that the PDF files were too big to upload to my website.
Luckily, I had recently been introduced to dropbox.com, which allows me to put big files into a public file for access by....well...by the public.  I hope this works.  I put the two PDF files into my public dropbox folder.

The Orator - June 1962-
The Orator - June 1962 - issue 8



(Also, a year or so ago I scanned in a copy of The Torch, our "literary" magazine.  I wrote a post about it then, but I didn't know from Dropbox, and it was a 50mg file.  But, now it's available for FREE thanks to Al Gore and the internet he invented.
Irvington High School Torch Magazine - 1959


The funny thing about all this is that both issues of the Orator were clearly late. They came out on June 20, and they contained a schedule of final exams that started on June 15.    I wonder if they even were printed before we all left school.  And even funnier (or more tragic), throughout my career as a policy analyst, I was habitually late with reports.  My employers, bless their souls, seemed to accept this weakness.  So, here I am on the other side of 50 years, along with all my similarly disbelieving classmates, and sighing with relief that I got through the work world in one piece, with a roof over my head and food on the table.

Well, enjoy!  And let me know at familyvideogirl@gmail.com  if you have trouble accessing these issues.